01622 813700 SignVideo

Acorns Poisoning Warning

As we come into Autumn and with the recent high winds and storms we have had, we are seeing more and more acorns on the ground.
 
Acorns can cause severe damage to a horse's kidneys and digestive system if they are eaten. Therefore, it's important to regularly remove any acorns from your horse's field to minimise the chance of them being eaten. Alternatively, the tree / area affected by acorn drop can be fenced off so that horses cannot graze there.
 
If you have any concerns at all, please do not hesitate to call and speak to one of our vets from BELL EQUINE on 01622 813700 or see our section under POISONOUS PLANTS in our USEFUL INFO section.